Monday, October 15, 2012

Totes Magotes Oats

Ha! This movie is hilarious. I wanted to name this post "Slappin' da bass oats" but it just didn't have the same ring to it.
 
 
 
Moving on... I have been reading Julie's blog a lot. Her blog is really fun(and chock full of good info!) and I get a lot of ideas from her. I hope she doesn't mind! Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, after all. :) A couple days ago I finally tried my hand at her pumpkin pie overnight oats. This was the first time I'd ever had overnight oats, and after reading all about them, I knew that I was either going to be a big fan or hate them. Luckily, I was a fan. Not such a big fan that I would choose them over a delicious biscuit from Chick-fil-A, but they were pretty good. The thing I like about them most is that you can change up the ingredients so that the flavor is different each time you make them. As long as you can get down with the texture, you'll like these. Plus, they are pretty damn good for you, and will keep you full for a LONG time.
 
First, grab your main ingredients:        
1/2 a cup oats
1/2 a cup milk
1 tablespoon chia seeds
truvia(or whatever sweetener you like.) This is
optional, but I like a hint of sweetness in these.
3oz. greek yogurt
 
I made this before going to the gym this afternoon, and just ate the extra 2oz from the yogurt container. I'm sure you could add the whole thing if you're a big greek yogurt fan. Someone in my house definitely is:
 
Put all the above ingredients in a big cereal bowl.
If you don't have parents to steal some chia seeds from like I did,
I'm pretty sure you can find them at Whole Foods or any local health food store.
They help thicken everything up, and are supposedly really good for you.
I was informed to never leave these out, and since I'm such a rule follower(HA!),
I'm not planning to anytime soon.
 
Now try to decide what you're going to be in the mood for tomorrow morning,
pretend you're at one of those fun frozen yogurt places, and choose your add-ins:
To this batch I added:
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
 
Now mix it up!
mmm...doesn't that just look like a big bowl of mush delicious?
 
Lastly, cover it up and throw it in the fridge.
Don't really throw it. If you were really planning
to throw it in, you are the reason why there are ridiculous warning labels on things like hairdryers that say, "Do not use while bathing". So for you, I will say, place gently in the refrigerator.
 
 
Tomorrow I will show you the finished product. I already snuck a bite when I got home from the gym. I actually thought it was a little better than the pumpkin pie oats I ate this morning, so I'm confident in posting this version already. :)
 

 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment