Thursday, October 18, 2012

If oatmeal and greek yogurt were bagels and biscuits, oh what a life that would be!

I've mentioned before that breakfast just isn't my thing. However, I do know that I've got to eat it. I need it to avoid overeating during lunch, and to jump start my metabolism in the a.m. When I signed up on Lose It, I wasn't eating breakfast daily. By dinner time I still had over a thousand calories to use, jackpot! Not. I knew that my calorie count was given to me assuming I would eat before noon!
Soon I decided to buckle down and do it right. Now I don't just stay within my daily calorie allotment, I also eat better, more often, and always have something within the first 2 hours of waking. As a kid, I can remember sitting on the kitchen counter eating cold, leftover spaghetti for breakfast with my dad. I wasn't overweight as a kid, wasn't a picky eater, and never shied away from trying new foods, so the battle over breakfast just never happened with my parents. If I could, I'd still eat cold spaghetti and pizza every morning. But, I can't. (Technically I could, but not if I want to LOSE THE WEIGHT!)
So, when I wake up from my pasta and french fry dreams, this is what I've been eating lately:

I think I have mentioned my love for these convenient and tasty bars before!
I eat the Luna bars 2-3 times a week. I love the Kind bars, but I don't eat them nearly
as much. They are seriously delicious, but don't have the same staying power as the Luna bars.
 
 

The return of the overnight oats! The ones above are pumpkin pie flavored. Yum.
You can read ALL about overnight oats in a couple different posts from earlier this month.
Regular oatmeal would have made the list, but I don't have a microwave, so these are much easier for me to prepare. P.S. I'm not one of those people that think microwaves are awful. Actually, mine just croaked a few months ago and I quickly realized how much less crap I was eating without it, so I've decided not to replace it for now.
 
Greek yogurt. I added pumpkin spice granola to the top of this cup. What can I say, it's Fall, and I'm lovin' all things pumpkin! :) Some people love greek yogurt, some people hate it. I'm kind of indifferent at this point regarding the taste, but the amount of protein can't be beat.
 

I've been on a tea kick lately. I usually have a cup of the ginger pear when I eat breakfast.
I also have a cup of the ginger tea after dinner, and a couple cups of the Honey Vanilla chamomile, too. Maybe I'm a little obsessed. I'm not partial to any of these teas, except the honey vanilla, so I'm sure I'll change up the flavors when I run out of a box.
 
I also get Starbucks a couple times a week. A skinny vanilla latte, half decaf, with only 1 pump of sugar-free vanilla syrup. This is actually one of my more simple orders. Don't judge me. That's a $5 cup of coffee!
 
There you have it! A non-breakfast eaters guide to breakfast. After a week or so, I got used to eating breakfast every day, and now it's just part of my routine. Simple enough.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment