Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Nitty Gritty

Rather than detailing the whys and hows of my weight gain, I figured I'd dive right in and show what I used to be workin' with, as well as all the extra that I'm workin' to get rid of now. All that other stuff will come out eventually, and while I have a few ideas regarding the reasons behind my personal weight issues, I'm hoping to gain an even better perspective as time goes on and weight continues to fall off. Plus, when I'm reading other peoples' blogs I like to see pictures.  Number one, because I'm nosey, and number two, because I feel like it helps me relate to them better. So, without further ado...

I started thinking about starting this blog when I realized how much some of the other blogs out there were motivating me. I wanted to track my food, weight, and progress for a good month or so before I began. I did this to make sure that I was on a plan that I could stick to. I really didn't want to be a blogger that is around for 3 weeks, then disappears because I can't get my head out of the cheese dip I get too busy with other things. I have lost and gained the same twenty pounds for years, and who am I kiddin', A LOT more than twenty needs to hit the road. I know that this is the right time for me. I feel it in my gut. If I wasn't 100% sure, I certainly wouldn't be putting these nitty, gritty(Sorry, old school Blackberry user over here!) pictures up for all the world, or just my mom and best friend, as the case may be, to see. Hopefully, the extra accountability will help me get from the above pictures back to the little thing you see below.

(Please excuse the face. I was such a delight at 17!)



Crossing my fingers, chips are in the trash, and lunges are my new favorite pastime! Ok, maybe I'm lying about that last one, but fake it 'til you make it, right!? Oh, and don't worry. I don't actually go to the gym in those awesome skin tight outfits that you see above...

1 comment: