Friday, October 12, 2012

Athletic Supporters

S-U-P-P-O-R-T find out what it means to me! (Come on, read that sentence again to the the tune of Aretha Franklin's Respect. Fun, isn't it?) Anyway, like I have mentioned before, I have a great amount of support regarding this "life change" I am currently pursuing.
First on the list of "Athletic Supporters" are these over the shoulder boulder holders little things:
If you can differentiate between all that neon, you will see 3, yes THREE pieces of clothing, all with the same job. It's no secret, my ta-ta's are out of control. If I didn't wear all of this, plus a T-shirt on top, I might very well knock someone out. Sadly, this isn't much of an exaggeration. Hell, sometimes I nearly knock myself out. I would ask for recommendations on amazing sports bras, but I've tried them all, so please don't waste a google search. I have come to terms with it, those that see me wrapped up in this sausage casing contraption on a regular basis have come to terms with it as well, and as for first time viewers, well, I'd stare too. It is quite a sight. A sight that I am trying my hardest to shrink.(Into a perfect 34C if you must know.)

Next up are these guys(minus my sister in law, who is behind the camera):
I am beyond blessed when it comes to my family. Often times I feel a little sad that I don't have a larger extended family, but honestly, I wouldn't trade these people for the world. As with all families there have been ups and downs, but over the past few years there have been many more "ups"! I try my hardest to focus on those times, because honestly as long as I have learned something from the "downs",(and boy have I!) then they have served their purpose. Obviously, writing that is much easier than living it, but I'm trying. My whole family is full of loving, giving, hilarious people. They are also opinionated and a little nutty, and I wouldn't want it any other way.
As far as their role in getting my butt back in gear when it comes to my weight/health/fitness goals they have never been anything but 100% supportive. My brother did a program called Couch to 5K with me. If you have ever had the displeasure of running with me or just been in my vicinity while I'm running, you know what a big deal this is. He pushed me, he probably cursed me a few times too, but when I ran that first 3.1 miles non-stop, I will never forget how proud he was of me, and because of his excitement, I remember how proud of me I was too. My parents are supportive in so many ways. My dad believes in me like no one else in this world. This also means that he expects me to get my act together and do the damn thing.(I will and I am, Dad. Promise.) My mom is incredible. She is selfless, funny, and extremely patient. She listens to every. single. detail. about my life, and right now that consists of talking about weight, food, working out, ad infinitum. How does she do it? I'll never know, but I sure do love her for it.
I also have a couple best friends that I can't fail to mention in this section, since I think of them as family. They motivate me and keep me laughing all the time. I am convinced that finding the humor is imperitive when dealing with anything that isn't exactly comfortable. FYI: Weight loss ain't comfortable.

Which brings me to my next little crew of Supporters:

I am so lucky to have not just one, but two personal trainers. They don't look exactly like the hottie above, but you get the idea. Everyone is different, and I know that it is possible to lose massive amounts of weight without the help of a personal trainer. However, if you have the resources to have one, even if only for a little while, I highly recommend it. I had the same trainer for almost 3 years. I was forced to find a new trainer because of business changes my old trainer was making. I now count this as one of the best things that has happened to me. The right trainer will push you, hold you accountable, make you feel more comfortable in the gym, and make sure you are getting results. That is what I have with my current trainers. Not only do they want what is best for me, but they make it their mission to see that it actually happens. As my trainer, Alabama Slammer likes to say, "You can shit in one hand and want in the other, see which one fills up faster.". Wanting it just isn't enough. If it were, I'd be wearing a size two, working at my dream job, and taking exotic vacations every other weekend. So for now, I'll have to keep working at it. When I mentioned to my other trainer, Steel, that I was having a hard time chilling out on the carbs because God made them so delicious, he countered that all strippers are hot, but that doesn't make them a good choice either. Like I said, weight can be lost without a personal trainer, but where else are you going to hear insight like that?

In all seriousness, over the past few months I've lost some weight, I'm stronger, and overall I'm just happier. The people and things mentioned above are the biggest reasons why. I have a lot to lose, so much to gain, and I am one lucky woman to have all this support!

No comments:

Post a Comment