Friday, October 19, 2012

Go forth and VOTE

On November 6, we will choose the person who will be our President for at least the next 4 years. Like I have said before, I have a lot of opinions when it comes to politics but I won't bore you with the majority of them. I would, however, encourage everyone that has the privilege, to go out and vote. I vote in every, single election. Even the boring ones, where most of the positions being filled are incumbents, so it could be argued that there is no point. For me, the point is that I get to vote, so why not? I like the whole process, from filling out the form, to casting my ballot, to getting the little sticker that said I voted. Plus, during elections like these, when we are picking the leader of our whole freakin' nation, I find that my palms get a little sweaty before I click on "my" candidate. I double, triple, and quadruple check to make sure I didn't accidentally click the wrong box, and I walk out feeling that no matter the outcome, at least I did my part. Our system may not be perfect, but I do think it's pretty cool that with so many of our freedoms being taken away, we are still allowed this opportunity to express our opinion in such a big way.


As a reward for reading that, I leave you with some shots of Mutt. She felt that she was not accurately portrayed in previous posts, and wants everyone to know that she has many more interests other than just eating and drinking. Like:

squishing herself into drawers.

taking a bite out of her saviors face.

and just being precious, in that, "Wow, she's so unique!" kind of way.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend full of fall leaves and pumpkin spice everything!

2 comments:

  1. Well said!
    How can that cat be so adorable yet hate her Grandma-ma so much??

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stinkin' cute little kitty! The nose-biting photo is adorable.

    I agree that voting is a privilege and incredibly important. I always get so anxious about doing it, though! I know it's silly, but it's such a big deal, you know? Oh - and I'm always a mess when it comes to the announcement of the winner. Sheesh.

    XXOO

    ReplyDelete