Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Oh happy day!

Blogger has finally decided to play nice and allow me to upload some pictures! I apologize in advance for the photo overload you will be experiencing in the next few posts. From now on, my "progress pics" will look like this:
 

If I can remember to stand in the same spot and find the same skin tight tank in the mess that I call my closet, I think it will help me and you(if there are any "you's" out there reading) track my progress a bit better. I lost nearly 5 pounds last week. (4.4 to be exact) I feel like I am finally making a dent in the GIANT number that haunts me and that feels good! I am especially proud since I consumed quite a few hundred gummy bears and pixie sticks last week in honor of Halloween.
Now that I am looking at the above pictures, I actually think I might look bigger in the more recent one. Hmm... I'm going to choose to trust the scale today, though.
I told Steel that I'd like to lose the weight in my boobs and belly, but he seems to think he can't control where the weight loss happens. Damn. Yes, I know that you can firm/tone/lose small amounts of weight when you focus on a particular area of your body. However, let's be honest. I'm not even close to that aspect of weight loss yet. I do lots of strength training so that when all this weight does magically (And by magically, I mean by busting my ass) fall off, I will have less to deal with when it comes to loose skin and such.

Anyway, Halloween was a great time! I always have grand ideas for costumes. I really wanted to be a Smurfette a couple years ago, but that plan fell through when it turns out I look like a drag queen when I wear a bright yellow/blonde wig. That went from cute to tragic real quick, and so now I focus on just being comfortable and having fun. Don't get me wrong, one year I plan to totally slut it up on Halloween when I'm hot and skinny. And I think it's super awesome that some people of the not-so-skinny variety rock the skimpy costumes, but that's just not me.
So this year, my Halloween-hating friend and I went as hippies!
You may be wondering, who hates Halloween? And my answer is that I have no idea. I've told her that she should seek help and figure out what childhood trauma caused this "issue", but since she's getting her Masters in Psychology, I guess I should just let her handle it.
Hippies smoked a lot of pot, because making your own clothes is a little stressful. I tie-dyed(Really fun!), I made a cute headband(Still fun!), I made bell bottoms(Not fun!) BUT, they turned out pretty cute, so it was well worth the hot glue gun burns. Oh, you thought I sewed them? No way, dude. I managed three stitches before I threw out the thread and got out the hot glue gun. Our group of friends really puts on a show for Halloween and the host and hostess of our party this year really went above and beyond. It was so much fun and really a great way to kick off the holiday season with a bang!
Speaking of holiday fun, Kassie over at Southern Girl Gets Fit is hosting a swag swap. I was matched up with a girl after my own heart who loves camo and hot pink. I'm super excited to pick out some fun things for her. I'll be sure to post all of her goodies over here once I'm sure she has received her package. Ta-ta for now!
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I GOT MY PACKAGE HAYLEY! THANK YOU BUNCHES...you did an incredible job (and no worries, I REALLY DO LOVE PINK THAT MUCH)!! I just posted about it on my blog (yay for my 2nd post ever)! I can't wait for you to get your package, it is already on the way, sorry for my procrastination! I hope you like it, but I don't think I did as good as you :-(

    ReplyDelete