Sunday, December 16, 2012

What Matters

The tragedy in Connecticut is absolutely heart-breaking.  Honestly, since I heard the news, I have been trying to put it out of my mind and go on as normal.  Obviously, I pray, but I haven't done a lot of talking about it. Unfortunately not talking about it won't bring back the innocent lives taken and putting these tragedies out of our minds is part of the reason that things like this keep happening, and with more frequency. I still don't want to talk about the gunman.I will never understand the amount of selfishness and anger one must feel to commit such an act. That being said, I do want to talk about the victims. The family of this murderer, the first responders who will never live another day without horrific images haunting them,  the teachers and administrators whose first instinct was to protect kids that weren't their own, and of course the babies and parents who hugged goodbye for the last time that morning. I cannot comprehend the amount of grief that all of these people must be feeling. I pray I never will, and I pray that these families are able to find peace one day, although I'm certain that day won't come anytime soon. I hate that tragedy is what brings people together, that it takes other peoples' pain for the rest of us to remember what really matters.
I thank God for family, for selfless teacher's who have the biggest hearts and know just what to say, and for the ability to trust in Him even when I don't understand Him.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment